Coffee Jelly...Say What?!
This popular drink straight out of Japan is precisely what is sounds like: coffee flavored jelly that is served with sweetened milk. It's literally jello for adults! This mind blowing recipe couldn't be easier. It is a simple mix of unflavored gelatin and coffee. Add something unique to your coffee ritual and give this a try!
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon powered unflavored gelatin.
- 2 cups hot coffee (brewed strong).
- 2 tablespoons sugar.
Coffee drink ingredients
- cold milk (whole or 2%).
- simple syrup or agave syrup.
- 1 shot espresso (optional)
- Add sugar to the hot coffee into a small tray until dissolved (use a small square Tupperware). Add the powdered gelatin to the hot coffee and whisk until dissolved. Cover with the lid and place in the refrigerator until it sets, at least a few hours or overnight.
- Run a knife around the edges and slice into large cubes. Fill a cup halfway with cold milk and add simple syrup (1:1 water and sugar boiled until sugar is melted and cooled) or agave syrup to taste. Add coffee jelly cubes and top with an optional shot of espresso. Add a few ice cubes if you want to make this drink cold.
Leave a comment